Successful, thriving businesses know the importance of web lead generation and lead generation marketing strategies. If you want your business to be a part of this group of prospering companies, you need to first know how to define web leads and how your lead generation process affects the quality of your lead generation.
First of all, a web lead is a website visitor that has filled out a web form by providing some, or all, of their contact information. The form can be simple, asking for an email address, or a more complex form requiring detailed contact information and additional questions.
It’s often best to find a happy medium between the two. Only receiving an email address will make nurturing the lead through the web leads funnel difficult. However, requiring someone to fill out a long, complicated form that calls for personal information can turn some people off.
Getting web leads that are both workable and high quality require attracting the right visitors, engaging them with useful information. This is a lead generation marketing strategy put in its simplest terms. You need such lead and digital marketing strategies if you’re going to develop an effective lead generation process that gathers good, quality leads.
Great web leads have the following characteristics:
- All needed contact information (name, email, phone and/or address)
- Extra details, comments, or messages
- Questions about specific products or services
- Information about how the lead found you
- Preferred days/times to be contacted
Clearly, the more information you get, the stronger the lead. However, it’s not always easy or smart to ask dozens of questions right off the bat. Ask three or four questions, or provide a few slots for information.. The trick is getting the most information you can without being too overbearing.
How Do You Create a Lead-Generating Website?
Whether your company is just starting out, has been struggling to find growth, or is finally seeing more business, it should continually be investing in web lead generation. Without a strong lead generation plan that involves detailed digital marketing strategies, your business is going to suffer because it won’t be growing its customer base.
One way you can start investing in web lead generation right now is by improving your website. To create a website that’s going to get people interested in your product or service, follow these tips:
- Define what type of leads you need. In other words, define who your target customer is. You need to profile your ideal customer in order to develop lead strategies that will attract them. Here are a few questions to get you thinking in the right direction:
o Who is my primary audience?
o What would best motivate them to give out their contact information?
o What methods of communication will they prefer (email, phone, etc.)?
o What is my system for handling new leads?
- Make your contact number obvious. Provide a contact number either in big numbers on the home page or on a contact tab that’s easy to find. Making a contact number available increases consumer trust and adds credibility to your offer.
- Post contact information forms on every page. Visitors to your website must have easy access to lead generation forms if you want to increase the number of leads you’re getting through your website.
- Add photos and testimonials. If you want greater credibility, put your current customers’ reviews on your website. If possible, add a photo of the customer next to the review. Honest, thought-provoking testimonials help potential customers feel secure in their decisions to work with your company.
- Make videos that connect to the user. You can find success with online video lead generation if you know how to create videos that speak to the user rather than at them. Online users who view a product video are more likely to convert to customers over users who simply view an ad.
- Design your website to be easily navigable/user friendly. Simplicity is key when it comes to website navigation. Build your navigation in a way that leads the viewer to your primary goal, which is the lead generation form. Put things in their easily accessible, expected place.
- Have a call to action—make it obvious. The first thing viewers should see when they visit your home page is a call-to-action that links to the lead generation form. Within this CTA, make what you’re offering obvious. Tell them to sign up for a free eBook or for monthly newsletters.
- Consistently blog and provide updates. Blogging is an excellent way to generate leads. In fact, businesses who blog just 16 to 20 times per month get 3 times more leads than those who don’t blog. In addition to that, marketers who have prioritized blogging are 13 times more likely to enjoy positive ROI. Post blogs on a consistent basis and provide updates about your blog posts on all your social media accounts so that you can attract new viewers.
- Produce high-quality content on several landing pages. You should produce informative, engaging content on your website in order to interest readers who are looking to you as the authority. By doing this, you can generate hundreds of landing page leads that turn into customers. Take a look at the following statistics to see just how effective landing pages can be:
o 68 percent of B2B businesses use landing pages to garner a new sales lead for future conversion.
o 71 percent of B2B marketers use content marketing to generate leads.
o Content marketing generates 3 times as many leads as traditional outbound marketing, but costs 62 percent less.
What Are Some Tips for Converting Web Leads Into Customers?
Generating quality leads is a critical, first step in the SEO lead funnel because without leads, you won’t have customers. Once you get those leads, though, you can’t neglect them and assume they’ll convert to closed sales on their own. You have to nurture the leads by investing time and energy. In order to better mold your leads and prevent them from running off, keep in mind that most web leads have the following traits:
- Initially want you to communicate with them digitally
- Are investigating your competition at the same time
- Know that their submitted information will trigger a response
- Expect a quick response
- Will stay on a website after submitting a from if they are prompted to do so
- Get annoyed if they submitted contact information in a form and are asked the same information again later on
- Are not quite ready to buy something yet
You don’t want to ruin your chances with a lead by doing or saying something that’s going to annoy them or turn them off. Nurturing leads requires thought and research based on the type of lead you’re working with.
Here are some tips for nurturing web leads into buying customers:
- Communicate realistic expectations. When creating a “thank you” response for consumers who fill out your lead generation form, tell them to expect a response to their inquiry within one hour of submission. Then try to respond within five minutes. Under promising and over delivering is what customers love.
- Use personalized auto-responses. If you know you won’t be able to contact a lead within five minutes, use an auto-response that is customized and tailored to the type of lead.
- Don’t be annoying. There’s a fine line between being persistent and being annoying. If the lead wants to receive emails, don’t pester him with phone calls. Use targeted, relevant emails to provide information to the lead. Persistence comes into play with following up and asking relevant questions.
- Research your leads. The more you know about your leads, the better chance you’ll have at reaching them. Ask them when would be best to contact them. Most of your leads will probably be your targeted customers, which you should already know a lot about.
- Monitor, measure, test. You should always be monitoring and analyzing your lead generation process by tracking conversion rates, web lead ROI, click-through-rates, and other data sources. Try out different digital marketing strategies to see which ones bring in the best quality leads.
Contact Sprint Marketing Today for Help with Increasing Your Web Leads
If your business is struggling to generate quality web leads despite following the tips in this article, it’s time to invest in a web lead generation marketing company. A lead generation marketing agency like Sprint Marketing has the marketing intelligence tools and leads analysis knowledge you need to convert more leads into sales.
Invest in web lead generation and better quality web leads today by working with Sprint Marketing. We can help you increase your web lead ROI by showing you digital marketing strategies to implement into your lead generation process. For a free leads analysis, contact us today by calling 801-251-6855 or by visiting www.sprintmarketing.com.