To better understand what a lead generation process is, it’s first important to know what lead generation is. It’s essentially gathering contact information from consumers who are interested in your product or service. Leads are the people who are interested in your product but who have not yet committed to buying it.
Web leads, or online leads, are the consumers who have found your website or some form of online advertising and have given you their information electronically because your offers solved a need Many businesses today are finding their leads through online lead generation marketing strategies. That’s why it’s critical that your company develops a lead generation process that involves web leads strategies; otherwise, you’ll be missing out on the hundreds or thousands of leads you could be generating over the Internet.
Gathering leads is technically the only way to grow a company. Without tested and proven lead generation strategies to help you get those leads, your business is either going to suffer or plateua. You should be striving not only to generate leads, but to also generate high-quality leads that have a greater chance of becoming sales.
Did you know 61 percent of B2B marketers say the biggest challenge they face in regards to lead generation is generating high-quality leads? High-quality leads are those with more contact information and more interest in your product or service. In order to get higher quality leads, you need a lead generation process that’s going to help you filter out the weak leads.
A lead generation marketing strategy is used to gather contact information from prospective clients. And a lead generation process is the way you reach out to consumers, urging them to fill out a form with their contact information.
Without an effective lead generation process and strong lead generation marketing strategies, your company won’t be capturing as many leads that can be properly nurtured and closed for better revenue. The quality of the lead generation process determines the quality and quantity of leads flowing into the company.
Where Can You Find Quality Leads?
You can find several quality leads through online marketing lead generation strategies that you can’t find through TV ads, print advertising, direct mail advertising, or other traditional forms of marketing. Whether you’re trying to grow a large business or a small business, lead generation online is key to finding success. Here are some examples of ways to generate leads online:
- Social media. Get your target consumers to notice you by becoming a part of their online social circles. In fact, people are more likely to visit a B2B tech company’s website after seeing a tweet from the company. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and LinkedIn are just a few examples of the social media platforms you should actively be participating in.
- Online advertising. Paid search (PPC), social media ads, banner ads, and email ads are also ways to capture your consumers’ attention. Take advantage of these forms of online advertising to make your company’s name and brand visible to an increased number of quality leads.
- Email marketing. Consistent and highly relevant email communication helps build trust and credibility with leads. It also keeps your brand at the forefront of their minds when they’re ready to make a decision. Remember to keep your emails concise, engaging, and personalized. Including relevant images will also help get and keep their attention.
- Blogging. It’s a proven fact that blogging B2B companies generate 67 percent more leads than companies that don’t. In other words, if you’re not writing blogs on a regular basis, you’re missing out on leads. Post links to your blog on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and all your other social media accounts so that people can have better access to your blog.
- High-quality content. High-quality, informative articles or landing pages that educate and inform readers need to be included on your website. Consumers are looking to you as the authority on your particular product or service, so provide them with the answers they’re seeking. Content marketing generates 3 times as many leads as traditional outbound marketing, but costs 62 percent less. That’s why 71 percent of B2B marketers use content marketing to generate leads.
- SEO. SEO stands for “search engine optimization” and it is the process of getting traffic from the free, organic, editorial, or natural search results on search engines. There are many SEO lead generation strategies involving the use of specific keywords and marketing tools that can help boost your lead generation. Using SEO effectively, however, usually requires help from a lead generation marketing company or lead generation marketing agency that has the tools and expertise to get the job done right.
- PPC. PPC stands for pay-per-click, a form of Internet marketing in which you pay a fee each time one of your ads is clicked. It’s a way of buying visits to your site rather than trying to earn those visits organically like with SEO. When PPC is doing what it’s supposed to, the fee you have to pay is less than compared to the money earned by the sale. For instance, if you pay $2 for a click, but the click results in a $200 sale, then you’ve made a nice profit.
How Do You Create an Effective Lead Generation Process?
Online lead generation is often the ticket for generating leads, but how do you set up each lead generating venue? What do you do once you get a lead? In order to get quality leads, you first need an effective lead generation process to follow.
- Start with a plan. In order to ensure you’re designing a lead generation process that delivers the results you need, create a plan with sales targets and lead generation tactics that will attract prospects and turn them into customers.
- Set up lead generation tactics. When deciding which lead generation tactics to use, remember how successful inbound marketing techniques (like blogging, social media, and landing pages) are for businesses. Don’t give up all your outbound marketing techniques. Just be sure to use inbound marketing ones, too.
- Invest in tools to help you execute those tactics. To put your process in place and get it running, you will need sales and marketing technology like email marketing automation and list segmentation systems, customer service apps, business intelligence systems, and lead data tracking tools. If you need help deciding which tools are most critical, contact a lead generation marketing company. Such a company already has the tools you’ll need to find lead generation success.
- Create a customer profile. If you sell to individual consumers, you need to know information about them like their age, gender, location, spending habits, and general income. If you sell to other businesses, figure out how big they are, what sector they’re in, how much they spend, and what suppliers they use. You also need to consistently update your customer profiles so that you can change your lead generation strategies based on how your customers are changing.
- Categorize your leads. By setting up marketing automation workflows, you cancategorize leads and put them into lists based on your criteria. Use these lists to create relevant content that will help nurture leads. Creating relevant content to be placed on your landing pages or emails is a great way to nurture leads and help them progress through the sales funnel. By producing high-quality, engaging content, you give your leads a reason to trust you as the expert.
- Don’t forget about sales nurturing. As soon as your leads start to show more interest by requesting a free trial, demonstration, etc., they should be moved to the sales team. Every sales rep should know how to evaluate sales qualified leads quickly. Reps should also gain their leads’ interest and trust. They need to develop a relationship that results in a closed sale.
- Report and analyze the success of the process. You must closely monitor how well each aspect of your lead generation process is working. Use analytics tools to optimize each step in the process and to help you discover how the process can be improved so you can continually achieve better results.
Contact Sprint Marketing Today for Help with Your Lead Generation Process
Setting up a lead generation process that’s extremely effective takes time and expertise. That’s why it’s often smart to work with a business-to-business lead generation marketing company to help you design a B2B lead generation process.
If you need help designing a lead generation process that produces results, call Sprint Marketing today. As soon as you start working with us, you’ll see an increase in the amount of web leads you’re generating and an improvement in your web lead ROI.