Most marketing executives find that to really build an online presence, they first need a plan of some kind. A digital media marketing plan is a vital starting point for most online businesses, because it is a strategy for directing online traffic to a company’s website or webpages. Without a plan, you may find some success with online traffic, but it will probably be hit and miss, not to mention much more difficult to measure.
A digital marketing plan can entail many different digital marketing strategies and tactics for driving online traffic. Some of the digital marketing solutions that should be involved in a digital marketing plan are:
- PPC. Paid-per-click advertising is one of the many digital marketing tactics out there that can drive new traffic to your website. PPC ads will air on search engines, associating with keywords that users search for. PPC ads should always contain a value proposition and a call-to-action, to draw the user to your website and contact page.
- Content. Content marketing strategies use written articles and other pieces of writing to inform readers about products and services, while also drawing more traffic from search engines. Trends in digital marketing have led to a shift in content creation, making it more informational and correct, rather than promotional. Some different forms of content marketing are:
o Landing pages
- SEO. Search engine optimization (SEO) is another digital marketing strategy that allows companies to draw search engine attention to their pages by keyword strategies and placement. The key to SEO digital marketing these days is to have a solid content strategy that is based around a keyword strategy. Without those two components, SEO will not be able to function. Hiring a digital marketing agency to help with SEO is a typical practice.
- Social Media. This area of marketing is probably the youngest and also the most difficult to measure. Social media is one of the best digital marketing solutions for nurturing leads that you have already attained and extending your brand’s reputation and influence. It’s also a good avenue to promote new content that you have just released and to list deals or promotions that are currently underway.
- Email. Email marketing is another form of lead nurturing that works well with prospective clients who have already expressed interest in your solution. Emails are typically in a newsletter format and there to provide information about current promotions, sales, or new content that has been released onto your website.
What Information Do You Need for an Online Media Marketing Plan?
There’s a fair amount of information that you need to really get started on your digital media marketing plan template. Make sure you have done the following before starting your online marketing strategy:
- Define your audience for digital media and marketing efforts. Many marketing experts refer to this as developing an audience persona, meaning that you find common traits among your audience and use them to create a vague outline of the type of person you should be gearing your strategy towards.
- Review past success in marketing strategies. If you have done some strategizing in the past, make sure to keep record of what you did and how well it worked. You want to be sure to remember what you did successfully, so that you can repeat the performance. Also observe digital marketing trends and keep track of which trends have worked in your favor.
- Review past failures in digital media strategies. It is just as important to understand your failures, if not more so. The last thing you want to do as a marketer is to repeat past mistakes. Repeating mistakes results in lost funds and lost opportunities.
- Define your past goals for sales and marketing. It is important to look at goals on both the sales and marketing ends of the spectrum, because the two departments should be relying on each other. If you know whether you will able to meet your goals in the last year or quarter, it will be much easier to define goals for the upcoming term.
- Enumerate your resources for digital online marketing efforts. Budgeting always seems so mundane, but this isn’t just about budgeting money. Look at all of your resources: manpower, time, money, and marketing tools. Having an idea of what is even possible for you to accomplish will help you make a realistic digital media marketing strategy.
How Do You Create a Digital Marketing Media Plan?
Once you have all the information you need, creating your plan is relatively straightforward. Just follow these steps and you will be on the right track:
- Identify what your value proposition is. What is going to draw customers or clients to your solution? What is unique about what you’re offering?
- Create a keyword digital media strategy. Which keywords are going to be more beneficial for you to focus on? What do you want people to associate with your products?
- Plot out your content along with your keywords. Which content marketing methods will be most beneficial in your situation, with your audience?
- Determine a lead nurturing strategy. Once you have secured a lead’s interest, what will you do to hold that interest?
- Define your conversion process. At what point will a lead be considered marketing-qualified? At what point will a lead be considered sales-qualified?
Contact Sprint Marketing Today for Help with Your Digital Media Marketing Plan
Sprint Marketing is a digital marketing company that can help you devise a digital media marketing plan. Whether you need a digital marketing strategy template or a digital marketing strategy sample, Sprint Marketing can provide digital marketing services such as helping you gather the necessary information, give you more digital marketing ideas, and making the process simpler for you.
For a free proposal, call or contact Sprint Marketing online today.