Creating a successful digital marketing strategy plan requires a strong understanding of each of the components within a digital marketing strategy. What is a digital marketing strategy? It’s a plan of action for reaching your targeted audience through digital platforms. The following bullet points outline the main components of an effective digital marketing strategy.
- KPIs and Analysis. A Key Performance Indicator (KPI) is a measurable value that shows the effectiveness of a business process and whether that process is helping your business reach its goals. By monitoring sales and marketing KPIs and metrics, you gain insight into the performance of your business, which ultimately helps you make a more strategic digital marketing plan.
Onsite and offsite analysis is another important part of creating an effective digital media marketing strategy. Onsite analysis is looking at the following:
o keyword performance and rankings
o organic search traffic and conversions
o search engine optimization
o page performance
o email click-through-rates
Offsite analysis is the measurement and analysis of your online presence away from your website. Examples of offsite analysis include paid social campaigns, social media accounts, and paid search campaigns. Both types of analyses are critical in developing digital marketing strategies and digital marketing solutions that will reach your customers in an effective way.
- Goals. You can’t achieve success without first setting goals. Define the vision you have for your company and set specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timely goals to help you achieve that vision. Ask yourself what projects need to get done in order to make your vision a reality. Make a list of these projects and pick four of them to focus on in the first quarter. Make sure you have metrics you can track.
- Strategy. Once you’ve analyzed your KPIs, performed onsite and offsite analysis, and set goals, you’re ready to focus on developing digital media strategies. In order to create an online marketing strategy that actually helps you reach your goals, you need to do the following:
o Perform keyword research that lets you see the global and local search volume, ranking difficulty, and cost of running paid campaigns.
o Optimize every page created on your website by making sure they have appropriate keywords within the content, page properties, and image tags.
o Write high-quality content that educates and calls readers to action.
o Consistently post blogs to attract and keep relevant visitors.
o Set up PPC (pay-per-click) campaigns through keyword research, strategic bidding, and compelling advertisements in order to place your message directly in front of your targeted audience.
o Share your content on social media accounts like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and LinkedIn in order to reach your audience on various channels.
Why You Need a Plan
Developing a successful digital media marketing plan requires dedication, planning, and a drive to succeed. Since it can be quite of bit of work, is it really necessary to create one? Is it possible to grow your business without constructing a strong online media marketing plan? The answer is quite simple: no. Your business simply won’t reach the amount of customers it needs to in order to thrive and keep up with a market that’s constantly changing. However, with a plan for digital marketing strategy, you can do the following:
- Increase website traffic
- Increase leads
- Increase brand awareness
If you want to see an increase in all three of these areas, you must create and refine your digital marketing strategy plans. With the right plan and the right tactics, you’ll start to see a dramatic difference in the overall progress your business makes.
Signs That Your Marketing Strategy Needs to Change
Perhaps you already have digital marketing solutions in place, but you’re not noticing any sort of increase in customers or sales. If you’ve seen the following signs in your marketing department recently, it’s time to change your marketing strategy and to start developing new digital marketing ideas.
- Leads are not consistently good. If you’re not holding on to leads and getting them to convert to a closed sale, something’s wrong. Your marketing strategy either isn’t attracting the right audience or the tactics for nurturing leads are off.
- Email marketing efforts are failing. Every time you send your emails, you shouldn’t feel like they’re going into a black hole. A lack of response from emails is a big sign there’s a problem with your email marketing campaigns.
- Subscribers to social media are plateauing. If your social media subscribers are either staying the same or decreasing, it’s time to think about what’s driving your content. With no clear path or with messages all over the place, you’re probably sending the wrong signals to your followers.
- Competition is succeeding where you are not. Your competition shouldn’t be doing better than you at what you claim to be the best at. Start studying your competitors by subscribing to their emails and blogs and learn from what they’re doing right. Start to see them as resources rather than threats.
If you’ve noticed any of these signs, you might want to consider recruiting the help of a digital marketing company. By getting help from a company that offers digital marketing services, you will be able to see how your marketing strategies need to be improved.
Streamlining Your Digital Marketing Strategy
In addition to getting help from a digital marketing company, you can start doing certain things to get your digital marketing strategy back on track. If you truly want to restructure your digital marketing plan, follow these tips:
- Look at your competition.
- Review past marketing efforts.
- Analyze past sales and revenue trends.
- Identify gaps between sales and marketing teams.
By learning from your competitors, looking at past marketing strategies, analyzing trends in sales and revenues, and uncovering issues in your sales and marketing processes, you will have the knowledge and metrics you need to create a much better marketing strategy.
Contact Sprint Marketing for Help with Your Digital Marketing Strategy Plan
If you need help developing a digital marketing strategy plan or are looking for a strong digital marketing strategy example, call Sprint Marketing today. As a marketing intelligence company, we have the experience and expertise needed to create a digital marketing strategy framework that will bring your business success. You can contact us today by calling (801) 251-6855 or by visiting sprintmarketing.com.