If you want your business to grow and thrive in today’s world, you need to develop a digital media marketing plan. What is a digital marketing plan? It’s a strategy for reaching and connecting with your targeted audience in digital ways. It’s your plan for growing your company through strategic digital tactics. To get a better idea of what your digital marketing strategy should include, review the following digital marketing plan sample checklist. Each item in this checklist is in order of what should be done first so that the resulting digital media marketing plan sample has all the key components.
1) Outline your one-year vision. The first step to developing a digital media marketing strategy is asking yourself where you see your company in exactly one year. Don’t be afraid to dream big and explore different possibilities.
a) Write a one-page description of what your company will look like.
b) Include your ideal picture of what you want your sales and marketing to be.
2) Define your audience personas. A big part of developing a strong digital media marketing strategy is thoroughly understanding your targeted audience. You need to define your buyer personas so that you can design your marketing strategy to fit them. A buyer persona is a fictional representation of your ideal customers. Once you’ve defined your buyer personas, you can create digital media marketing plans that will help you focus your marketing messages and content creation on topics that attract your ideal customers. To define your buyer personas, do the following:
a) Understand who you’re marketing to.
b) Figure out what makes them tick.
c) Analyze how they communicate.
d) Investigate their interests, priorities, and goals.
3) Analyze results and research from previous quarters. In order to create digital marketing plans that will bring your company growth, you need to analyze what worked and what didn’t work in previous quarters by asking the following questions:
a) Where did your sales and revenue come from?
b) How long was your average sales cycle?
c) Is your revenue from existing or new customers?
d) What are your best lead sources?
e) Are prospective customers getting stuck in the sales cycle?
f) Did you lose certain opportunities? Why?
4) Check out your competition. If you want to design digital marketing strategies that will beat your competition, you need to see what your competition has been up to.
a) Complete an analysis of your top three or four competitors.
b) Look at their websites to see what has changed.
c) Look at their profiles on LinkedIn.
d) Search for them on Google and look for any news or articles about them.
e) Use HubSpot marketing grader to see how their online presence compares to yours.
5) Verify your differentiators. What do you offer that makes you different from your competitors? What makes you stand out? Your digital media marketing strategy plan will only be as good as your differentiators.
a) Ask your customers why they choose to buy from you and what would make them switch to a competitor.
6) Determine your marketing triggers. Identify the events and problems (also known as marketing triggers) that cause your targeted customers to search for information about your product, service, or industry. By figuring out the marketing triggers, you can develop digital marketing plans that are reactive and targeted, and that meet the precise needs of potential customers.
7) Create business goals. Successful digital media planning requires “smart” goal setting. In the business world, SMART is an acronym for specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and timely. Every one of your business goals should fit these descriptors.
a) Make a list of goals that will help you achieve your ultimate company vision.
b) Figure out the projects you need to accomplish to reach those goals.
c) Pick three to four of those projects to focus on in the first quarter.
d) Make sure you have metrics you can track.
8) Make a list of keywords. The best digital marketing strategies are created by researching keywords in order to see search volume by location and how difficult it is to rank for certain keywords. It’s important to create keyword-rich content so that your targeted customers come to your website when they have questions or encounter marketing triggers.
a) Create a list of target keywords with a relatively high search volume and a medium to low competition level.
9) Create a marketing strategy. The creation of your digital marketing plan (PDF or Word format) is the meat of all your digital marketing planning thus far. When you design your actual marketing strategy, you must include key content and promotional elements. Any digital marketing strategy example you look at will make the following activities a fundamental part of the marketing plan:
a) Design easy-to-navigate, professional landing pages with high-quality content that educates the reader and calls him or her to action.
b) Write blog posts that encourage participation in an exclusive content offer by answering questions and providing links to the landing pages with that content.
c) Post frequently on all the social media sites you can (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+) so that you can reach out to and interact with your customers on a personal level and on a daily or weekly basis.
d) Incorporate SEO and PPC strategies into your digital marketing plan template in order to increase the amount of traffic coming to your website.
10) Plan your lead nurturing process. Once you’ve created a sound digital marketing sample plan, it’s important to come up with another plan for nurturing your leads. One of the best ways to reach out to leads and to make sure they’re getting all their questions answered is to send out automated emails.
a) Send top-of-the-funnel leads emails with answers to the most common questions.
b) Send middle-of-the-funnel leads brand-specific information about your product or service and address more serious questions and concerns about your business.
c) Once a lead reaches the bottom of the funnel, hand him over to your sales team so he can be directly contacted and closed into a paying customer.
11) Hire a team of inbound marketing experts. After creating your digital marketing plan (in PDF or other format) by following this checklist and by reviewing other digital media marketing samples, you’re ready for the final step, which is to gather a team of inbound marketing experts. Make sure the team you hire understands and knows how to do the following:
a) Search engine optimization
b) Web and data analytics
c) Email marketing
d) Project management
e) Inbound marketing strategy creation
f) Conversion rate optimization
Contact Sprint Marketing for a Digital Marketing Plan Sample
If you need help with your digital marketing plan outline or are looking for a digital marketing plan sample, contact Sprint Marketing today. We are a team of marketing intelligence and inbound marketing experts that can help your company find the growth it’s seeking. Let us help you create your digital marketing plan in PDF so that you can find the success you’ve been searching for. Contact us today to receive a free leads analysis by calling (801) 251-6855 or by visiting sprintmarketing.com.